A little bit of everything at World of Country Life
Another weekend and for the third in a row I find myself at the magical place that is World of Country Life, let’s call it WOCL for short.
WOCL was one of the first places we came across on our explorations and it was a very happy accident. One day when we were heading down the Exeter Road towards Exmouth we saw a sign – not in the biblical sense – a brown sign, that read ‘World of Country Life’ we followed the sign and uncovered our new favourite family haunt.
WOCL has it all including:
- Hawkridge Birds of prey displays
- Indoor Soft play (if you’ve read any of my other blogs you’ll know how we love that)
- Small furry animals to cuddle (and give back)
- Bigger animals to feed (feed is a steal at £1 per bag)
- GOATS that you can walk and stroke (we really like goats)
- Ferret racing (spoiler alert: Italia always wins)
- A deer train safari
- An adult human dressed up as a fluorescent green moose (aka ‘Appy Angus’)
- Outdoor play equipment & trampolines
- Bouncy castles
- Ride on toy car track
- Historical museum with freaky mannequins wearing some awesome outfits
- A HUGE play on pirate ship with a prison to lock the kids in (see above)
- Live shows and singing staff members
- Reg Imray’s very awesome motorbike collection (which could have a blog all to itself)
- Car, Tractors, cows, sheep, rabbits, food …. and so much more, the list seems almost infinite.
PLUS, out of season it isn’t horrifically busy.
As you can tell, we were impressed. So impressed in fact, that we purchased an annual membership and I had second thoughts about blogging about it (we don’t really want everyone to know how good it is otherwise it will be really busy.)
The entertainment is a little bit Butlins but good fun, the animals are cute, the food in the snack bar’s is mostly Devon’s own delicious Chunk pasties, chips and ice cream. The food in the restaurant is a bit boring, not overly healthy and over-priced but if you take a picnic it’s a great day out for the family.
Here’s what you need to know:
- It’s open 10am – 5pm, 7 days a week (Saturday 12th March – Sunday 30th November)
- Prices (as of April 2016) Adult – £39.80, Child – £34.90, there are also family tickets.
- Our annual pass of a family of four came in at around £150
- You can find the full info here
- It’s slightly cheaper to buy your tickets in advance here
- you can find WOCL right here
Have you been to WOCL, what was your favourite bit? Leave us some comments below…Tags: animals, birds of prey, bouncy castles, children, chunk pasties, deer train safari, Devon, drive on cars, Exeter, exmouth, family, farm, farming, fun, goat walking, hawkridge, history, motorbikes, museum, Parenting, park, petting zoo, pirate ship, pirates, rabbits, reg imray, soft play, south west, trampoline, world of country life