8 super cheap Ideas for indoor activities with the kids
We had great fun with a few simple activities that we picked up in Exeter over the summer, here are 8 things we got up to.
- Make a mosaic unicorn (only £1 from Tiger in Princesshay)
2. My friend recommended this book for learning times tables, we’ve been using it a bit over the holidays (I’ve yet to see if it works but so far so good). Harry’s Magic Tables was £9.99 from Amazon.
3. Dude saw his Nanny sketching with charcoal and wanted to have a go so I picked up a pad for £3 from Tiger along with some pencils for £1.
4. Again, Tiger wins with these colourful (if not a tad freaky looking) paper dolls. I quite enjoyed this activity too and for 2 quid, it’s definitely a winner..
5. Make some cakes, you don’t have to be Delia Smith to get your head around making cornflake cakes, cooking chocolate, butter, cornflakes and golden syrup.. easy peasy! I used this recipe by the Beeb.
6. Water bombs direct from the pound shop (to add to a water fight when we get a break from the relentlessly shit weather). We managed to squeeze in a bit of a family soaking session.
7. Write a letter to the Queen! Smallest has been asking all sorts of questions about HRH Queen Elizabeth II. And because she is a badass, when she grows up she wants to be a knight so that she can protect her. She’s also been asking if we can go and visit her, so we wrote her a letter to invite her to tea at our house AND we got a response!
8. Get the old dressing up box out.. it never fails to entertain!
What are your favourite indoor activities?Tags: charcoal, cornflake cakes, mosaic, paper dolls, queen, sketching, times tables